Sunday, March 2, 2014

Oh Baseball, How I've Missed You

By JP

The long, cold winter has an end in sight
Spring Training, the sun after a dark night
Pitchers and catchers and position players galore
Baseball season is so close, I can't take it anymore!

Now I have moved so far away
I still think of you everyday
Cardinals in red, birds on the bat
St. Louis is where heaven is at

The starting rotation has not been set
But Wainwright and Wacha will be there you bet
With Molina leading the way behind the plate
There is no doubt this season will be great

Some old heroes have now been lost
And perhaps some lines were crossed
But forgiveness abounds in the Gateway to the West
That is way out team is the best!

It has been awhile since my last post
More to come I would like to boast
But the future I cannot tell
My intent is good and well

Living in the Land of the Ranger
I often feel like a stranger
But those in the UCB* are my kin of a sort
And can be found between every port

From the west to the east
Our clan is a hungry beast
More banners are sure to come
This season promises to be quite fun!


*United Cardinal Bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment